Logo Design: Please watch this video! https://youtu.be/zOPA0NaeTBk
Things to keep in mind
- Before working on a final logo of any one design, you must develop 20 different logo ideas using your company name or initials. Brainstorm! These are quick ideas. Create a file in Adobe Illustrator that is 20 art boards size 3"x3"
- Then redraw your favorite 5 ideas again with more detail- see if you can mix and match them for another new idea.
- From these better ideas, pick your favorite.
- The final design idea must be 3″ x 3″ and completed in Illustrator.
- Your logo should use color if you wish, but you also need to keep in mind that a good logo also looks fine in black and white. If you choose to use color in your logo, also submit a black and white copy also.
- Pencil/paper/markers/colored pencils
- A little creativity!!!
- Elements and Principles of Art.
- Class or school library resources
- Synectic Triggers
- When you are developing your ideas, try to break down the 25 logos into sections. Here’s what I suggest:
- Create 5 logos using capital letters
- Create 5 logos using lowercase letters
- Create 5 logos using a mix of capital and lowercase letters
- Create 5 logos using simple lines and shapes integrated with your letters (Hint: use negative space!!)
- Create 5 logos that represent an object or include an object with the letters (pen, butterfly, gears, etc…)
- After you have at least 20 logos, look at them and pick your favorite 5. if there are interesting ways to combine a couple of these five in different ways, force yourself to come up wth at least 3 more ideas by mixing up your favorite five.
- Think about all the synectic triggers you can use for thinking abou thow to combine, dissect, reshape, modify etc… the letters.
Create a Logo for your company
A simple logo design allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile & memorable. Good logos feature something unique without being overdrawn
Following closely behind the principle of simplicity, is that of memorability. An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple, yet, appropriate logo.
An effective logo should be timeless – that is, it will endure the ages. Will the logo still be effective in 10, 20, 50 years?
An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications. The logo should be functional. For this reason a logo should be designed in vector format, to ensure that it can be scaled to any size. The logo should be able to work both in horizontal and vertical formats
How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose. For example, if you are designing a logo for children’s toys store, it would be appropriate to use a childish font & colour scheme. This would not be so appropriate for a law firm.